13 hours ago
Sindh sees possible flood in Indus River on Tuesday and Wednesday night

Web Desk
|
30 Aug 2025
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah on Saturday warned of possible flood in the Indus River on Tuesday and Wednesday night and directed provincial ministers and departments to remain on high alert.
The chief minister contacted ministers appointed to oversee the flood situation and instructed them to ensure strict monitoring of the canal system along both the right and left embankments of the river.
Shah was briefed on the river’s state by Sindh Irrigation Minister Jam Khan Shoro. According to the latest figures shared with him, water flow at Guddu Barrage was recorded at 383,299 cusecs upstream and 350,943 cusecs downstream at 12 noon today.
At Sukkur Barrage, the upstream flow stood at 313,000 cusecs and downstream at 259,050 cusecs, while Kotri Barrage recorded 264,131 cusecs upstream and 233,216 cusecs downstream.
Also Read: Death toll in Punjab floods rises to 30, over 1.5mln displaced
Officials told the chief minister that the situation at the barrages was so far stable and all precautionary measures had been taken. Shah, however, directed all relevant departments and district administrations to remain fully active in the field.
He asked provincial ministers to personally supervise precautionary measures and assured that the Sindh government was prioritising the safety of people and their property. “Our ministers are present at the river sites to monitor the barrages and embankments,” he said.
The chief minister also urged residents living along riverbanks or in kutcha (riverine) areas to cooperate with the administration in order to ensure their safety.
Comments
0 comment