Balochistan transporters suspend mineral loading over security, extortion concerns

Balochistan transporters suspend mineral loading over security, extortion concerns

Eight trucks were burned and the others damaged their tires.
Balochistan transporters suspend mineral loading over security, extortion concerns

Web desk

|

20 May 2026

The Balochistan Goods Truck Owners Association has announced on Tuesday that they will stop the loading and transportation of chromite, marble, and other minerals within the province due to repeated attacks on the trucks, insecurity, and extortion by different parties.

Speaking at a press conference held at the Quetta Press Club, Haji Noor Muhammad Shahwani, president of the Association, said that the truck drivers have lost millions of rupees because of the burning of their trucks and bursting of tires.

He warned that any truck or company owner who loads minerals will be responsible for whatever profit or loss incurred.

"No truck will load chromite or marble from Dalbandin, Nokkundi, Muslim Bagh, and Loralai," Shahwani announced. Loading of food and other goods will continue normally.

He said that attacks had been going on for quite some time now on the national highways. Some recent cases of attack took place in areas such as Mastung, Khad Kocha, Armagai in Kharan district, Washuk, and Khuzdar where almost a dozen trucks were attacked.

Eight trucks were burned and the others damaged their tires.

Comments

https://www.dialoguepakistan.com/en/assets/images/user-avatar-s.jpg

0 comment

Write the first comment for this!