US President Trump says US will not pay Harry and Meghan security
President Donald Trump said on Sunday that the U.S. will not pay security expenses for Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, confirming that the royal couple had moved to California.
They reportedly traveled from Canada to Los Angeles by private jet before the two countries border closed due to the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
The couple, who had lived in Canada for several months, earlier this year stunned the royal family with their decision to no longer serve the British monarchy and seek a new, independent life.
“I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom,” Trump tweeted.
“It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”
Meghan grew up in Los Angeles and her mother, Doria Ragland, still resides in the city.
The one-time actress in Los Angeles has a network of friends and working contacts, where she can now restart her career.
Disney revealed Thursday she’ll be narrating a new film about a family of African elephants.
Recently, Harry has allegedly been caught in a fake phone call in which he blamed Trump for his stance on climate change.
From March 31, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will finally step back from royal duties.