WASHINGTON: The White House has said that US President Donald Trump will sign an executive order on Thursday (today) to shut social media companies after he accused the companies of stifling Conservative voices.
Earlier, President Trump had threatened to shutter social media platforms after Twitter for the first time acted against his false tweets, prompting the Republicans to double down on unsubstantiated claims and conspiracy theories.
Earlier this month, Donald Trump had threatened to indefinitely suspend aid to the World Health Organization (WHO) unless it agreed to reforms within 30 days, and to rethink United States membership in the organization.
Last month, Trump had suspended U.S. payments to the WHO, accusing it of spreading China’s “disinformation” about the coronavirus epidemic, while officials at the WHO refuted the allegation and China said it was open and clear.
“If the WHO does not commit to major substantive improvements within the next 30 days, I will make my temporary freeze of United States funding to the WHO permanent and reconsider our membership,” Trump had told its chief, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, in a letter posted on Twitter.