Three people die of electrocution as heavy rain lashes Karachi
Three people died of electrocution in different incidents following a fresh spell of rain that hit the city on Monday morning and continued intermittently throughout the day.
According to police, hospital and rescue sources, 3 citizens have died in the incidents of electrocution due to continuous rain in the city.
Police Surgeon Dr. Samia Syed said that the body of a 52-year-old Shahid Zafar from Quaidabad has been shifted to Jinnah Hospital. He was electrocuted near Younis Chowrangi.
Quaidabad SHO Malik Ashraf said that the deceased citizen was an employee of Olympia Mills and was electrocuted there and later his wife and brother took away the body without any legal proceedings.
In another incident, 2 citizens died due to electrocution in Manghopir area of Karachi.
SHO Manghopir Yasin Gujjar said that 47-year-old Imam Bakhsh and 20-year-old youth died due to electrocution in Manghopir.
He said that both the deceased were labourers and died of electrocution while doing repair work in a house near Noorani Hotel. Their bodies were shifted to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital for medical examination.
Since the first week of July, monsoon rains have continued to batter Karachi during which several deaths have reported, most of which are due to electrocution, while the infrastructure of the city has also been severely affected by the heavy rains.