The non-dangerous flies carry the most dangerous diseases
Flies, flies everywhere. House flies have invaded entire Karachi and everyone is so annoyed. Overflowing gutters as a result of recent rains combined with offal of animals have made the city’s situation worse.
How house flies are dangerous?
House fly cannot be compared to pests or a wasp, but this does not make it of a less danger.
It is true that flies do not bite or sting, but their danger lies in the fact that they land on rotten food, dead animals and trash. They carry germs from filthy spots and spread diseases that are dangerous for human health.
Diseases that house flies carry
According to the WHO, house flies are carriers of diarrhoeal diseases, skin and eye infections. They are responsible for transmitting almost 65 diseases which include,
- Typhoid fever
Home made traps to get rid of house flies
Soda Bottle Traps
- Clean an empty, plastic two-liter soda bottle.
- Carefully cut the top third of the bottle by cutting near where the top of the label used to be.
- Pour a sweet liquid, like sugar water, in the larger, bottom third of the bottle.
- Turn the top third of the bottle upside-down, making a cone shape, and place it in the opening of the larger part of the bottle.
- Flies will find their way into the bottle but will be unable to get out.
Vinegar and Dish Soap Fly Trap
- Use a shallow dish bowl and fill it with an inch of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of sugar.
- Next, add some fruit-scented dish soap.
- You can leave the dish uncovered or tightly covered with plastic wrap.
- Make sure to poke a few holes in it to attract the flies.