TCP blacklists nine sugar mills
KARACHI: Nine sugar mills across the country have been blacklisted for failure to perform in accordance with the contract awarded by the state’s grain trader for supply of sugar.
The Trading Corporation of Pakistan (TCP) took this decision on the basis of the said reason. It also banned the sugar mills from participating in the tenders floated by it or department/ organization of federal or provincial government. The TCP has asked the federal and provincial governments to take action against the companies.
The sugar mills are accused of not supplying 100,000 metric tons sugar, worth Rs10.3 billion.
The blacklisted sugar mills did not comply with the awarded tenders between 2007 and 2013. They were awarded tenders for the purchase of 174,515 metric tons of sugar. They stocked the commodity in their godowns and waited until the prices were high in the market.
Here’s the list of the blacklisted mills:
- M/s. Tandlianwala Sugar Mills Limited.
- M/s. Abdullah (Ex-Yousuf) Sugar Mills Limited.
- M/s. Haseeb Waqas Sugar Mills Limited.
- M/s. Abdullah Sugar Mills Limited.
- M/s. Seri Sugar Mills Limited.
- M/s. TMK Sugar Mills Limited.
- M/s. Abdullah Shah Ghazi Sugar Mills Limited.
- M/s. Macca Sugar Mills Limited.
- M/s. Haq Bahu Sugar Mills Limited.