KARACHI: Sindh government on Monday extended offer to a Turkish company to carry out cleanliness work in Karachi under public-private partnership mode.
The offer was extended to the company during meeting of a delegation of a Turkish company with Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah at the Chief Minister’s House in Karachi.
The delegation also expressed its interest in cleanliness work in Karachi.
The spokesperson of the CM said the Turkish company was already working in Lahore for lifting garbage from the city.
Murad Shah relayed the company that Karachi’s one district produced so much garbage as much was produced from the entire Lahore, so the Turkish company would have to work extensively in the megalopolis. He said the provincial government wanted to establish six GTS (garbage transfer stations) within the city.
The Turkish company delegation also met Sindh Local Bodies Minister Syed Nasir Hussain Shah. Nasir Shah said the government would extend all facilities to the company for lifting garbage from the metropolis.
On Sept 14, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Member of Provincial Assembly (MPA) Malik Shehzad Awan had said the media reports about ‘Clean Karachi Campaign’ were baseless.
He had asked media to stop concocting stories about ‘Clean Karachi Campaign’. He had said he was thankful to Federal Minister for Maritime Affairs Ali Zaidi and MNA Attaullah for cleanliness in Baldia Town. He had said the ‘Clean Karachi’ campaign will be restored in full capacity after Muharram.
The PTI leader had said that the ‘Clean Karachi’ campaign will focus on mosques and imambargahs during Muharram days. He had claimed that tons of garbage had been lifted under this campaign, thus people were relieved to a great extent.