ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed on Thursday said Quetta blast was a suicide attack and Tehreek e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had claimed the responsibility for it on social media.
Talking to media in Islamabad, he said that the suicide bomber was sitting in the car in the parking area of Serena hotel in Quetta.
“Five persons embraced martyrdom (Shahadat) while 15 others got injured in the incident,” Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed said.
He said the relevant quarters had been directed to complete investigation into the incident at the earliest. He said the government would ensure law and order situation in Balochistan.
The minister said that 250 to 300,000 fake social media accounts from India were active in disturbing peace in Pakistan.
He said that the enemies of Pakistan wanted to destabilise the country and its development but their sordid designs would be thwarted.
Sheikh Rashid said Pakistan would continue its journey toward development under the leadership of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
He appreciated the sacrifices rendered by Pakistan Army to purge the country of terrorism. He said that 22 security institutions under the interior ministry had been issued directions to put security on high alert at major cities.