Punjab govt approves 30% increase in government employees’ salaries
The Punjab cabinet has approved a massive increase of 30% in salaries of the government employees from grades 1-19 in the budget for the fiscal year 2022-23.
The special cabinet meeting, led by Punjab Chief Minister Hamza Shahbaz, approved the budget proposals for the next fiscal year 2022-23.
Government employees will get 15% increase in salaries and 15% disparity allowance and thus the total increase in salaries will be 30%.
The Punjab budget will also increase the pensions of retired government employees by 5%.
The budget worth Rs3226 billion named as “Roshan Rahain Naya Sawera”. The budget proposes to set aside Rs685 billion for 4991 schemes of development program, Rs125 billion for health card, Rs31.5 billion for South Punjab and Rs1.5 billion for laptop scheme.