MULTAN : People have replaced soap with Multani mitti after a rapid increase in prices as it reached to Rs 60 per bar, in Multan.
The soap prices have increased from Rs30 to Rs60 and the only choice people are left with is Multani mitti because of its cleansing properties.
Multani mitti is also known as fuller’s earth, multani mitti has been used to get rid of skin issues and achieve radiant, blemish-free skin since ages.
It is one of those age-old tips that has been handed over generations.
Multani mitti is a great agent to clean, exfoliate and nourish your skin. It has active elements that effectively absorb oil, dirt, sweat and impurities, leaving the skin clean, soft and supple.
Also Read: First transgender school opens up in Multan
One of the best things about the ingredient is that you can use it with a host of other ingredients to suit your skin type and achieve desirable results. Our skin experts have shared different ways in which you can make use of fuller’s earth and make it an active part of your beauty regime, but before that, here are 10 reasons why you should get some:
Benefits of Multani Mitti :
1. Multani Mitti is known to fight acne and pimples
2. Removes excess sebum and oil
3. Deep cleanses skin removing dirt, sweat and impurities
4. Evens out skin tone and brightens complexion
5. Treats tanning and pigmentation
6. Effective in treating sunburn, skin rashes and infections (multani mitti is an effective cooling agent)
7. Can be used in cold compresses to treat skin inflammation and insect bites
8. Facilitates blood circulation, leading to radiant, glowing skin
9. Fights and helps in keeping away blackheads/whiteheads, blemishes, freckles, pimple/acne spots
10. Has antiseptic properties
Modern uses of fuller’s earth include as absorbents for oil, grease, and animal waste and as a carrier for pesticides and fertilizers.
Minor uses include filtering, clarifying, and decolorizing; active and inactive ingredient in beauty products; and as a filler in paint, plaster, adhesives, and pharmaceuticals. It also has a number of uses in the film industry and on stage.