Pakistan to tour Bangladesh after 5 years: PCB
Pakistan Cricket Board on Tuesday announced that Pakistan men’s national cricket team would tour Bangladesh after five years in November to play three-match T20I series and two Test fixtures for ICC World Test Championship.
The bilateral tour will begin after the upcoming 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, scheduled between October 17 to November 14 in the United Arab Emirates and Oman.
According to the PCB, the fixtures for the Pakistan tour of Bangladesh are:
- 19 Nov – First T20I, Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
- 20 Nov – Second T20I, Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
- 22 Nov – Third T20I, Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
- 26-30 Nov – First Test, Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
- 4-8 Dec – Second Test, Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka.
Pakistan stand third in ICC Men’s T20I ranking while Bangladesh claim the sixth spot. In the ICC World Test Championship points table, Pakistan are ranked second while Bangladesh are yet to kick of their campaign.
It is relevant to note that Bangladesh have remained dominant in home grounds. The hosting side recently won T20 series against New Zealand 3-2 and against Australia 4-1.