Pakistan Army contingent leaves for Qatar to provide security in FIFA world cup 2022
A Pakistan Army contingent on Monday left for Qatar to join the security personnel appointed to provide security for the FIFA World Cup, starting in November this year.
A special contingent of Pakistan Army left for Qatar from Noor Khan Air Base, the contingent consists of officers, junior commissioned officers and soldiers of Pakistan Army.
Pakistan Army will provide security support to Qatar government during FIFA World Cup 2022.
In this regard, the 8-member international FIFA training team has visited Pakistan in September this year.
Earlier, Qatar has requested Pakistan for security assistance during the FIFA World Cup 2022 and in this context, a 4-member delegation of the Qatari Ministry of Interior visited Pakistan in August.
Later, Federal cabinet has approved a draft agreement that allows the government to provide troops for security at the FIFA football World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
Groups for FIFA World Cup 2022
- Group A – A1: Qatar A2: Ecuador A3: Senegal A4: Netherlands
- Group B – B1: England B2: Iran B3: USA B4: Wales
- Group C – C1: Argentina C2: Saudi Arabia C3: Mexico C4: Poland
- Group D – D1: France D2: Australia D3: Denmark D4: Tunisia
- Group E – E1: Spain E2: Costa Rica E3: Germany E4: Japan
- Group F – F1: Belgium F2: Canada F3: Morocco F4: Croatia
- Group G – G1: Brazil G2: Serbia G3: Switzerland G4: Cameroon
- Group H – H1: Portugal H2: Ghana H3: Uruguay H4: South Korea