US network ABC confirmed on Wednesday that the Oscars will again go without a host next month. Last year, the award ceremony went without any host and boosted the ratings, said sources.
Karey Burke, ABC entertainment president told a television summit near L.A that,
“Together with the Academy, we have decided there will be no traditional host, repeating for us what worked last year.”
First time in three decades, the Oscars decided to go without a host last year, after their original choice was Kevin Hart initially.
In the end the event was considered a success and the show enjoyed a year-on-year increase in ratings.
The Oscars will be handed on 9th February, 2020.