On Defence day, 5 soldiers martyred in North Waziristan
Five soldiers of Pakistan Army have embraced martyrdom in an exchange of fire with terrorists in the Boyya area of North Waziristan, the military’s media wing said.
The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) wing of the Pakistan Army said that, the security forces conducted an intelligence-based operation in Boyya area of North Waziristan district today.
“During the conduct of the Intelligence Based Operation (IBO), intense fire exchange took place between own troops and terrorists,” a brief statement issued by the military’s media wing read.
According to ISPR, 4 terrorists were killed during the exchange of fire.
It was stated in the statement that the weapons and ammunition in the possession of the dead terrorists were also recovered.
According to details shared by the ISPR, the following soldiers fought gallantly and embraced martyrdom:
- Captain Abdul Wali (age 26 years, resident of Wana/South Waziristan District)
- Naib Subedar Nawaz (age 45 years, resident of Abbottabad)
- Havaldar Ghulam Ali (age 34 years, resident of Sargodha)
- Lance Naik Ilyas (age 33 years, resident of Mianwali)
- Sepoy Zafar Ullah (age 29 years, resident of Mianwali).
Currently, the sanitisation of the area is being carried out to eliminate any other terrorists found in the area.
“Pakistan Army is determined to eliminate the menace of terrorism and such sacrifices of our brave soldiers will not go unpunished,” the military media’s wing said.