Noor murder case: names of all suspects placed on ECL
ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed on Tuesday said that all the suspects named in the Noor Mukadam murder case had been banned from leaving the country.
During a press conference, he said that a cabinet sub-committee headed by Farogh Naseem had approved inclusion of all the accused in the murder case in the Exit Control List (ECL).
The interior minister said that earlier the names of the main accused Zahir Jaffer and other accused were included in the blacklist but now they had also been placed on the ECL.
The suspects who have been placed on the ECL include Zahir Jaffer, his parents, as well as two domestic servants.
It should be noted that Noor Mukadam, daughter of former ambassador Shaukat Mukadam, was killed by Zahir Jaffer at his home in Islamabad on the evening of July 20. Police arrested the main accused, Zahir Jaffar, at the crime scene, while his parents were arrested on July 25.
On Aug 5, the district and sessions court in Islamabad had dismissed the bail plea of parents of prime suspect in Noor Mukadam murder case, Zahir Zakir Jaffer.
Additional Sessions Judge Muhammed Suhail had announced the verdict which was reserved a day ago and dismissed the bail petition filed by Zakir Jaffer and his wife Ismat Adam Jee. They are accused of abetting Zahir Jaffer in murder of the daughter former Pakistani diplomat in the federal capital. They are in jail on judicial remand.