Minister for Education and Professional Training Shafqat Mehmood has announced on Tuesday that physical classes for grades one to eight will remain suspended in affected districts till April 28.
“Classes for 9th till 12th standards will continue under strict observance of SOPs,” said Shafqat Mahmood while addressing the media, following the meeting of the National Command and Control Center (NCOC).
He further stated: “The provinces will decide which areas are the most affected and where this will be implemented.”
Mahmood also emphasised that exams would have to take place but, he said, not before May 24. “No one should have any uncertainty in their mind,” he later posted on Twitter.
The federal minister explained that last year the previous academic records had been used to promote students, but for this year, they had no such records.
However, according to the minister, the decision will be reviewed again after April 28.