The National Command and Operational Center (NCOC) has announced Covid-19 SOPs which shall be followed in Eid-Ul-Adha.
Eid-Ul-Adha SOPs :
• Mosques must close no later than 10 minutes after the prayer ends.
• Windows and doors of the mosques should be kept opened for good ventilation during the duration of the prayer.
• No carpets or mats to be laid down in mosques because the virus is airborne.
• Clean floors for prayers must be ensured by washing them with chlorinated water regularly.
• Every person should wear face/surgical mask.
• Worshippers should bring their own Prayer mat / janamaz and not leave them behind after the prayer.
• perform wudhu at home.
• t avoid handshake.
• Worshipers must maintain social distancing by keeping two meters’ distance between each other, and every other row should be left empty
• Water coolers should not to be used.
• Restrooms and ablution sections must be closed.
• Avoid crowding when entering or exiting the mosques.
• Sick & elderly and children under 15 years of age will not be allowed.
• Discourage socializing within the mosques after prayer.
• The site of slaughtering should be away from general public and living areas.
• Crowding at slaughtering should be avoided; only those who are necessary may be allowed at the site.
• Try and maintain a distance of 2-meters.
• Promote good respiratory hygiene. Cough or sneeze into bent elbows.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth, especially when hands are not clean.
• Use gloves and masks during slaughter and handling of meat.
Pakistan has recorded a rise in covid-19 positivity ratio again after a decline in cases.
The country has reported 2,452 positive cases of covid-19 with 37 deaths in the past 24 hours, according to the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC).