The military spokesman Major General Babar Iftikhar has reconfirmed that the former spokesperson of the banned terror group Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, Ehsanullah Ehsan, had escaped from the custody of security forces and some military personnel were responsible for his escape.
According to media reports, the Inter Services Public Relations Director General (DG ISPR) was talking to the journalists affiliated with foreign media in Rawalpindi on Wednesday.
However, the DG ISPR has further said that all the developments regarding the matter will be shared with media soon as the action has been taken against those who were responsible for the escape.
“All those responsible for it were tried and penalised,” the military spokesman has told the reporters.
Earlier, the DG ISPR stated that Ehsan had escaped from the custody during a counter-terror operation in which he was accompanying soldiers to find other terrorist leaders.
However, the DG ISPR has also declared that he does not know the whereabouts of Ehsanullah Ehsan and the military is trying to arrest him again.
Last year in February, it was reported that the former TTP spokesman had escaped from the custody of Pakistani security forces.
While commenting on the country’s foreign relations, he said: ” Extending the hand of peace towards neighbouring countries is the government’s policy.”
“But it doesn’t mean we are not aware about the security concerns on the eastern border,” he added.
About the recent terror incidents in North and South Waziristan, the DG ISPR has said that the military operation is underway.