International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) revealed so many high-profile names in Pandora Paper which include around 700 Pakistani names. The revelation was made on Sunday night which has opened doors for many questions. Along with other powerful people, army personnel names are also on the Pandora Paper.
According to reports, former military men and family members are owners of offshore companies.
The list was released which included:
- Lt Gen (retd) Shafatullah Shah, Pervez Musharraf’s former military secretary. He purchased a flat in London.
- Major General Nusrat Naeem, the former DG of the ISI for counter-terrorism, owns an offshore corporation in his name. He said his friend made it, but he never used it. He never denied it existed. This occurred after his retirement in 2009.
- Ahsan Latif, retired Gen Khalid Maqbool’s son-in-law. Dylan Capital Limited, a BVI-registered offshore corporation, was owned by him.
- Sons of the former Air Chief Marshal Abbas Khattak, Ahad Khattak, and Umar Khattak.
- Hasan Muzaffar, the son of former NLC DG Lt Gen Afzal Muzaffar. Creek Growth Capital Holding Ltd, a BVI-registered corporation, he owned shares in it.
- Raja Nadir Pervez, Lt Col (R).
- Lt Gen (R) Tanvir Tahir’s wife, Zahra Tanvir own Ener Plastic Limited, an offshore corporation based in the British Virgin Islands.
Since the release of Pandora papers, political temperate is soaring hot and further developments are expected soon.
In the largest leak to date, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) published 11.9 million leaked papers on Sunday to expose the “financial secrecy” of world leaders and other powerful people.
Several international leaders have been identified in the freshly stolen documents, which are likely to outnumber the Wikileaks of US diplomatic cables in 2010 and the Panama Papers in 2016.
More than 600 journalists from 150 media sources in 117 countries, including Pakistan, participated in this huge reporting endeavor.