A massive fire broke out at Sindh MPA Shehla Raza’s office around 1:00 pm on Friday in Karachi.
Former deputy speaker of the Sindh Assembly, Shehla Raza’s office is located in the Old Sindh Secretariat. Fortunately, she was not in her office when the fire broke out and all the staff were safely evacuated. Three rooms were engulfed in the fire computers and all the documents in them were destroyed.
The fire first broke out in the women complaint cell room and then spread to Raza’s office and her private secretary’s office. The fire was extinguished after an hour.
Raza blamed the fire on a short circuit and said ACs were being repaired because they stopped working the day before.