Man contracts rabies encephalitis after being bitten by dog in Karachi
KARACHI: A man in Karachi was admitted to a hospital after being diagnosed with rabies encephalitis. The dig bit him 40 days ago.
According to the Executive Director of Jinnah Hospital, Dr Seemin Jamali, Muhammad Saleem Ditta, 45-year-old patient came to Jinnah hospital’s emergency ward on Saturday, complaining of irritability, difficulty in swallowing and hydrophobia (fear of water).
Ditta was bitten by a stray dog 40 days ago while trying to protect a child on the street. According to him, he went to several public hospitals, but there were no anti-rabies vaccine available anywhere.