KARACHI: Sindh Information Minister Syed Nasir Hussain Shah on Monday said that legal action was being taken against the culprits involved in an attack on Civil Hospital Karachi.
He said paramedical staff and nurses were risking their lives to save the lives of others and they should be respected in all means.
Nasir Hussain Shah said that doctors and nurses should not feel alone and the government was with them and Chief Minister Sindh had directed to take strict action against those involved.
A mob entered emergency ward of Civil Hospital on Friday night and attacked doctors and paramedical staff after their relative died from coronavirus. They forcibly took the body without following any SOPs of coronavirus deaths. They claimed that handing over of the body to them was being delayed.
A case had been registered against the culprits. Young doctors had staged protest at the hospital demanding strict security for their protection.
Head of Healthcare in Danger Initiative at the International Committee of the Red Cross Dr Mirwais Khan said that the healthcare system was already overburdened. He said healthcare workers should not be treated violently, while families of coronavirus patients should also be treated benignity.