Karachi: Man electrocuted minutes before his son’s birth
Karachi: Another citizen has lost his life as a man was electrocuted during rain on Thursday night. The deceased was on his way to meet his pregnant wife at a private hospital who was about to give birth to their first child.
The victim was identified as Raheel. A resident of Hussainabad, Raheel got married a year ago.
According to the details shared on social media, he rushed to the hospital where his wife was admitted due to her first pregnancy. He became a victim of electrocution on Hussainabad’s main food street.
Zafar Abbas of JDC Foundation said in a video message that Raheel’s body remained at the site of the incident for more than 15 minutes.
Karachi witnessed a downpour on Thursday night amid its yearly spell of monsoon.
Moreover, the city has so far reported three deaths in rain-related incidents on Thursday.
Earlier on Monday, a 12-year-old boy died due to electrocution in Al-Falah Society. The city still remember the devastation of last year’s spell which left no socio-economic class behind from suffering the consequences.
More than 40 people died in different incidents as the city broke its 36-year record.
The Metrological Department has predicted that Karachi is likely to receive rain on Friday (today).
Unlike the citizens of other metroplises, Karachiites have welcomed monsoon season with overwhelming thoughts of flooded roads, continuous power outages, poor drainage system, inefficient solid waste management, and electrocution amid the festive season of Eid-ul-Azha.