The demise of Haseena Moin has saddened Pakistan. Fans and the media industry is outpouring grief over her death, as the golden era has ended very soon.
Nevertheless, these iconic and evergreen dramas will always keep her alive in people’s hearts and in the industry.
- Dhoop Kinarey – The show revolves around a team of doctors in Karachi — their daily routine at the hospital and their private lives at home.
2. Ankahi – Ankahi was aired in 1982 and extended over a whopping 31 episodes. Revolving around life and romance in middle-class family of Karachi, the drama was a huge hit and boasted a cast that is still remembered for its stellar performance: Shehnaz Sheikh, Shakil, Javed Sheikh, Behroze Sabzwari, Jamshed Ansari, Salim Nasir, Qazi Wajid and Badar Khalil.
3. Tanhaiyan – Tanhaiyan is the story of two sisters who lose their parents and end up living with their aunt. After the aunt’s death, the girls find out that their father was heavily in debt so they sell all their assets including their house which their father had so lovingly built. All their friends also turn their backs on them leaving them alone, struggling to adjust into their new life. This is followed by Zara’s pursuit of regaining their old house, which turns into an obsession. The moment she decides to become rich she meets Saad Salman, who becomes her life partner and together the couple starts a garment factory.
4. Kasak – It is story of a woman who can’t have kids and the mother-in-law gives her a hard time for it. However, the couple decides to get divorce.
5. Parchaiyan -Parchaiyan was based on the story of the book ‘Portrait of a Lady’ by Henry James. Which was translated and scripted by Haseena Moin. This was the very first colored drama series to be aired on Pakistani TV.
6. Des Pardes – The drama tries to highlight the problems faced by Pakistanis living in Scotland and of their relatives living in Pakistan.
7. Aansoo – Aansoo is a story of two families as they recover from tragedies that have torn them apart. Two best friends realize that they are in fact brothers living each other’s lives. On the other hand, cultural differences leave two sisters living on opposite sides of the world with no knowledge of each other’s existence.
8. Uncle Urfi – Shakeel, who is smartly dubbed as Uncle Urfi, takes interest in Beena. In reality, Uncle Urfi wishes to make Beena happy. Logically, Urfi should have taken Beena into confidence before doing her a favor. Instead, he kept her in the dark. The final moments of the last episode are fraught with pain and pathos.
9. Shahzori – The story revolves around a couple who faces hardships in marital life.
10. Parosi – Parosi tells the story of two sisters Jahan Ara Khalida Riyasat who is a single parent as her husband Jamal Shah left her for a wealthier woman.