Haircare tips are essential are as rains bring respite from the hot summer months, but they also bring hair woes.
Oiling : Just a little oil will keep the hair happy. Take a small amount of oil and gently massage it on the scalp. You don’t want to rub the oil in, just massage and moisturise to improve circulation. Shampoo after 15-30 minutes. You can use the oil at room temperature or warm it up a little before applying. Haircare through Virgin coconut oil is a good choice or even those with antimicrobial ingredients like neem, tea-tree, and herbs like amla, and brahmi.
Healthy shampooing practices: It goes without saying that you have to shampoo after getting wet in the rain. Rinse your hair with regular tap water first before applying shampoo. A SLS-free shampoo is gentle on hair and scalp and removes residue effectively.
right conditioner: Conditioning is mandatory. It reduces fizziness and prevents sticky tangles. Apply from mid length to ends. Don’t go overboard with the amount of conditioner, a little is enough. Leave for about 10-15 minutes for best results.
Air drying: Once you have rinsed out the conditioner, use a micro-fibre towel to soak excess water and let your hair air dry. This helps trap in the moisture in hair and avoids heat damage.
Hair Covering: One option is in haircare tips is to cut your hair short, but if that does not appeal to you then make sure to keep your hair tied in ponytails or braids. When going out, use a scarf or a hat/cap to protect the scalp from humidity.
Also Read : Ayurvedic ways to burn belly fat
Moreover, some following home remedies will help in nourishing the scalp :
- Both neem and turmeric are loaded with vitamin C, other antioxidants and also have antimicrobial, anti-fungal, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties that make them excellent dandruff fighters. Use a few drops of neem juice with turmeric powder and apply on scalp with the help of cotton. Wash after 15-30 minutes.
- Take some fresh mango pulp and mix with crushed mint leaves. Apply this hair pack and leave for about 30 minutes. Wash with a chemical-free shampoo. This pack helps control fizziness.
- Make a fine paste of hibiscus leaves, fresh mint leaves, and few drops of lime juice. Apply this on the scalp and wash after 30 minutes. This solution helps hydrate the hair, and prevents scalp infections.
- One option is to grind curry leaves, soaked fenugreek seeds, tulsi leaves, and green gram in equal proportions and apply on scalp and hair. Leave for about 30 minutes and wash with normal water. Do this twice a week. Or you can use a simple fenugreek seed pack for hair rejuvenation.
- Mix a mashed banana with honey and apply on scalp and hair. Leave for about an hour and wash. This will take the dryness away and leave your hair soft and manageable.
- Make your own hair oil by mixing olive oil, honey, cinnamon powder and some crushed curry leaves. Use it to oil your hair once a week and rinse with warm water before shampooing and conditioning.