A suicide bombing in the southern port city of Gwadar killed two boys while several others including a Chinese national remained injured when a vehicle carrying Chinese nationals was targeted on Friday evening.
The outlawed Balochistan Liberation army (BLA), Majeed Brigade, has claimed the responsibility of attack. The BLA identified the suicide attacker as Sarbland Baloch alias Umer Jan.
Among the deceased children were 10-year-old Salman and 11-year-old Salman Haider, according to Dawn’s report.
According to media reports, the vehicle was targeted when it was taking Chinese nationals back to their camp as they were working working on the under-construction East-Bay Expressway.
“Two boys were killed and four other people, including two children and a Chinese national, were injured,” Liaquat Ali Shahwani, a spokesman for the Balochistan government, said.
Condemning the incident, he said that investigation had been launched.
Earlier, the BLA claimed the responsibility of twin attacks in Quetta, killing two cops and injuring at least two dozen people.