ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information Fawad Hussain Chaudhry on Saturday said that the government would approach court against Lahore High Court (LHC)’s decision to allow Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif to go abroad.
He said the director general of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had the power to add or remove a name from the blacklist. “No request has been made to the DG FIA by the lawyers of Shehbaz Sharif to remove the name from the blacklist on the court decision so far,” he maintained.
On the other hand, PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz condemned the incident of stopping Shehbaz from going abroad for medical treatment.
“Highly condemnable how jaali (fake) government has brazenly violated court order by stopping Shehbaz Sharif at the airport today. (It) Shows how scared (the) selected is of him,” she tweeted following which her party supporters launched Twitter trend in Urdu which reads “they are scared of Shehbaz”.
Shehbaz Sharif was reportedly stopped from flying abroad despite the Lahore High Court’s permission in this regard.
The leader of the opposition in the National Assembly was going to travel from Lahore airport to Qatar, from where he had to go to London for medical check-up. However, the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA)’s immigration officials stopped him at the Lahore airport.
The immigration officials said that Shehbaz was still in the blacklist in their system. Upon which, Shehbaz said that he had orders of the LHC regarding permission to travel for one time.