Govt extends measures in health screening checks at all entry points: Zafar Mirza
ISLAMABAD: Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Health Dr Zafar Mirza on Tuesday said the government had extended its extraordinary emergency measures in health screening checks at all entry points to address the spread of the novel coronavirus.
“Travelers coming from Iran and Iraq were carefully screened, and flights were reduced to limit mobility as a precautionary measure,” he said while talking to private news channel.
Dr Zafar Mirza said health authorities in all four provinces had issued precautionary guidelines cautioning people to avoid meeting people returning from coronavirus-affected countries, washing hands frequently and wearing masks.
He urged citizens and residents to avoid traveling abroad due to the spread of Covid-19 in multiple countries.
On Tuesday, the provincial health department is expected to issue an advisory to people to avoid large public gatherings one day after Sindh confirmed nine more cases of coronavirus — all in Karachi.
The epidemic’s highest count since it was first identified last month in the country took the overall tally to 13 in the province and 16 in the region.
According to media coordinator Meeran Yousuf, Sindh Minister of Health and Population Welfare Dr Azra Fazal Pechuho agreed to take certain measures during an internal meeting of the department.