ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has asked the FATF forum to positively respond to the significant progress made by Pakistan to comply with its action plan.
“Out of 27 actionable points, Pakistan has shown one hundred percent progress on 21. Progress has also been made to meet the remaining six points,” he said talking to the media in Islamabad on Friday.
The minister said the world also recognized the steps taken by the present government including legislative and administrative measures to check terror financing and money laundering.
The foreign minister said India will not succeed in its sordid designs to push Pakistan into the blacklist.
Responding to a question, Foreign Minister Qureshi said Pakistan had never accepted New Delhi’s illegal and unilateral actions of 5th August last year in Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Pakistan was concerned over the efforts being made by India to change the demographic structure of the occupied territory.
To another question, he said our enemies wanted to stoke unrest in Gilgit Baltistan. He said any decision regarding the future of the territory will be taken with broad national consensus.