An eyewitness has disputed the claim of Federal Minister for Railways Shaikh Rasheed Ahmed about the Tezgam incident on Thursday and said that the fire sparked because of short-circuit in passenger train’s wire rather than the cylinder blast.
He said gases from all the cylinders had been emptied at the station after getting them properly checked. He said the blaze erupted in AC railcar, where cylinder was totally not allowed.
“A train staff member told that there was short-circuit in a fan for last four days and after the current spark intensified in the fan it caught fire and swept through three cars,” he said.
The eyewitness in a video message said that only the railways department was to be blamed as the horrific incident took place because of its negligence. He said neither the alarm chain was working nor the train driver stopped the vehicle himself nor it had fire extinguishers to cope with emergency situation.