Department Relief and Settlement issues measures to tackle coronavirus in KPK
The Department of Relief and Settlement in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has issued guidelines for quarantine setups and tackling coronavirus in the region.
- Develop check point mechanism to monitor international, inter-provincial and international traffic in the province
- Important instructions issued for highway, airport, railway station, waterways checkpoints
- Suspected patients will be immediately transferred to the isolation ward which the Health Department has already set up
- The quarantine will be established for people who have no symptoms but come from a virus-infected area or have met the affected person.
- Quarantine is set up for a single person, group or endangered population
- Proposal of guidelines has been given in regards to self-isolation at home in the Department’s Relief and Population
- The quarantine made for the group should have facilities for at least 200 people.
- Road access, including ventilated space, electricity, water and telephone should be provided
- The quarantine will keep the elderly, women and pre-sick people more special.
- All entities have to be shut down to contain large populations at risk of spreading the virus.
- Any type of gathering will be banned in such area
- Maximum body temperature should be measured.
The recommendation of the establishment of a high level committee headed by the Home Secretary in the province to ensure the completion of all these steps. Furthermore, the committee will also be in touch with the federal government and other agencies.