Chef dies after falling into boiling vat of soup
An Iraqi chef tragically died last week after falling into a vat of soup, which left him severely scalded across large swathes of his body.
According to Gulf News, while stirring the soup, the 25-year-old reportedly slipped and fell into the pot, before tumbling to the floor.
Chef Issa Ismail was helping prepare a wedding banquet at the Hazel wedding hall in Zakho on June 15.
He was rushed to Dohuk hospital, where he received treatment for several days. However, the cook died on June 21 as a result of third-degree burns .
The chef’s tragic death sent shockwaves through Iraqi media and sparked an outpouring of grief on social platforms, with many mourners blaming the incident on insufficient safety standards inside the country’s restaurants and kitchens.
According to Zervan Hosni, a relative of the man, Mr Issa had been working as a chef for around eight years.