KABUL: The Taliban and the Afghan government in Afghanistan have declared a three-day ceasefire on the occasion of Eid al-Adha.
According to the foreign news agency, Zabihullah, the spokesman of the Afghan Taliban, has said that the Taliban will not take any action during the ceasefire but will only remain in their defensive position.
On the other hand, the spokesman of Afghan President Ashraf Ghani welcomed the announcement of a ceasefire by the Taliban and said that we have also ordered a ceasefire to the security forces.
Ashraf Ghani’s spokesman said that if the ceasefire was violated by the Taliban, then full action would be taken against them.
A ceasefire between the two sides will begin on Friday and will last for three days.
Last week, 24 terrorists were killed and 27 wounded during operations by Afghan forces in different parts of Afghanistan.