Cable operators call off strike upon assurance by K-Electric
KARACHI: Chairman Cable Operators Association Of Pakistan Khalid Arain on Wednesday announced to call off strike against the K-Electric over cutting cable wires from its poles.
“Standard Operating procedures (SoPs) will be reached upon between the two entities regarding cables on K-Electric poles,” Khalid Arain said while addressing a press conference along with Commissioner Karachi Iftekhar Shalwani and KE Chief Distribution Officer Amer Zia.
The chief of cable operators said that cable network would not be shutdown from 7pm to 10pm now. He also apologized from consumers for the shutdown between the said timing for the last two days.
“I am grateful to the Karachi commissioner for extending help in resolving the matter. We will resolve issues through bilateral talks now,” he said. It had been decided that both the companies will do their respective jobs, he relayed adding that the strike was postponed on assurance of the Karachi commissioner.
Iftekhar Shalwani said that confusion between KE and cable operators was removed and a committee had been constituted on the matter.
Aamer Zia said they had reached some kind of understanding on the matter of cables passing through electric poles in Karachi.