A controlled bomb blast in Kharan, Balochistan on Tuesday (today) has left 12 people injured. They are being shifted to Kharan Hospital for first aid and treatment.
As per the early details, at least 4 to 5 kilograms of explosives was planted in the motorcycle. Security forces mobile was the main target of the blast.
Chief Minister of Balochistan Mir Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo has condemned the bomb blast in Kharan and has ordered an inquiry to be completed as soon as possible. CM Balochistan has expressed his grief and sorrow over the injuries of innocent citizens in the act of terrorism. CM Balochistan further added that anti-state components want to disrupt and derail the peace in the province.
CM further said that these cowardly acts of terrorism will not dampen the spirits of the people of Balochistan. The security forces are backed by the citizens of Balochistan to complete eradicate terrorism from the province.
Best medical treatment facilities will be provided to the injured, orders given by the Chief Minister of Balochistan Mir Abdul Qudoos Bijenjo.
Earlier in August, the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) Balochistan claimed to have killed at least seven members of the banned outfit during a raid in the Kohar Dam area of Loralai district.
According to a CTD spokesperson, the law enforcement agency carried out a raid over the presence of militants. During the raid, seven terrorists were killed while three fled the scene, taking advantage of the night.
Sources confirmed that the militants belonged to the outlawed Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF). The CTD Balochistan spokesman further told the media that arms and ammunition had been seized during the raid.
Pakistani and Afghan currency were also recovered from the spot, the spokesperson added.